These instructions describe how to install the Cascades Exporter plug-in for Adobe Photoshop.
- Install Adobe Photoshop (supported versions: CS5 or higher).
- A computer running Windows XP, Windows 7, or Mac OS X 10.6.x.
Install the plug-in
- Dowload the Cascades Exporter plugin. See Downloads on the BlackBerry Developer website.
- In the CascadesExporterPlugin<version_number>.zip file, double-click the Adobe Zip Format Extension Package File (.zxp) to open the Adobe Extension Manager.
- Read the license agreement, click agree. A warning dialog box might alert you that the publisher of the plug-in cannot be verified. Click Install to continue the installation (this warning might appear more than once).
- When the installation is complete, close the Extension Manager.
- Start Adobe Photoshop.
- On the Windows menu, click Extensions. You should see Cascades Exporter in the list of extensions.
- Click Cascades Exporter to open the Cascades Exporter plug-in.
You might get an error message saying "You do not have the appropriate permissions required to perform this operation" whey you try to install the plug-in by using the Adobe Extension Manager (even if you have administrator privileges on your machine). You can try installing the plug-in on a computer running Windows by using the Start menu instead.
- On a computer running Windows, click Start and type extension in the search field.
- Right-click Adobe Extension Manager CS5.
- Click Run as Administrator.
- In the Adobe Extension Manager window, click File > Install Extension.
- Browse to where you saved the Cascades Exporter plug-in and open it.
If you installed the plug-in with the Adobe Extension Manager, but you can't find the plug-in in Adobe Photoshop, you might have multiple versions of Photoshop installed. Try installing the plug-in with the version of Adobe Extension Manager that corresponds to the Adobe Photoshop version you're using.
Last modified: 2013-09-26