Tutorial: Play a .wav file
The PlayWav sample application shows you how to play a .wav file using the libasound library. The BlackBerry 10 Native SDK provides the QNX Sound Architecture (QSA) for handling audio files. The QSA provides several multimedia libraries, but this tutorial will focus handling on a .wav file with the libasound library.
You can download the PlayWav sample from the Sample Apps page.
You will learn to:
- Open a .wav file in your application
- Determine the properties of a .wav sound file
- Prepare a .wav sound file for playback
- Handle audio device events
- Handle audio buffer underruns