Using the NFC service secure element capabilities
The secure element (SE) capabilities allow applications to communicate with the Universal Integrated Circuit Card (UICC) SE on the BlackBerry device for card transaction purposes. This section is intended to help you write applications that use the SE capabilities on a BlackBerry 10 device.
The key aspects of the SE capabilities include:
- access control files (ACFs)
- Universal Integrated Circuit Card (UICC) card emulation
- connecting to the secure element
- receiving transaction notifications
The SE APIs include the following files:
- <nfc/nfc_se_access.h>: Data types and functions that support access to the SE of the BlackBerry device
- <nfc/nfc_se_transaction.h>: Functions to parse and process transaction notifications from the SE
The SE APIs are integrated with the invocation framework, which hides the lower-level service interactions and makes the NFC service easy to use. To receive card transaction notifications, you must register using the invocation framework. Transaction notification events are not supported by the BlackBerry Platform Services (BPS).