Update your app from the command line
You can use the blackberry-deploy command-line tool from a terminal (Mac OS or Linux) or command prompt (Windows) to perform incremental updates to a deployed unsigned application.
To perform an incremental update using the command-line utility:
On your computer, open a command prompt (Windows) or terminal (Linux, Mac OS) navigate to the host/win32/x86/usr/bin folder in the beneath the folder you installed the native SDK.
- For example, in Windows, if you installed in the default \bbndk-10.0.9 folder, navigate to C:\bbndk-10.0.9\host_<NN_N_N_NNNN>\win32\x86\usr\bin where <NN_N_N_NNNN> represents the version of the release.
- For example, on Mac OS navigate to /Developer/bbndk/host/macos/x86/usr/bin
- For example, in Linux navigate to /opt/bbndk/host/linux/x86/usr/bin
Type the following command to replace a binary or library on the device:
blackberry-deploy -putFile hostFile path device -package bar-file -password passwordWhere:
- The binary or library you want to update.
- The location on the device starting from the sandbox folder. The path must start with app/native/ for a binary and app/native/lib for a binary.
- The IP address of the device.
- The password for the device.
- The path and name of the BAR application descriptor file .
blackberry-deploy -putFile C:\MomenticsWorkspace\FallingBlocks\Device-Release\FallingBlocks app/native/FallingBlocks 169.254.0.1 -package C:\MomenticsWorkspace\FallingBlocks\Device-Release\FallingBlocks.bar -password mypassword