What is the QNX Momentics IDE?
The QNX Momentics IDE is a part of the QNX Momentics Tool Suite that is installed with the BlackBerry 10 Native SDK. The IDE and tools allow you to quickly and efficiently build applications for devices.
The QNX Momentics IDE runs on the Eclipse Platform, developed by the Eclipse Foundation, an open consortium of tool vendors (including QNX Software Systems Limited). If you are familiar with tools based on the Eclipse platform or other IDEs, you will find all the features that you are accustomed to, such as code hints, debugging tools, color coding, etc. In addition, the QNX Momentics IDE provides a debugging environment that easily connects to your BlackBerry 10 device and steps through applications as they run on your device.
The IDE provides powerful tools and features that let you easily debug and optimize your apps. For example, you can use the IDE to:
- Monitor of memory and threads that your application consumes, shown graphically in the IDE
- Understad the data used by your application
- Identify functions that consume too much CPU time
- Profile running processes in your application
- Provide code coverage for your applications
Here are some other key parts of the QNX Momentics Tool Suite:
- Command-line tools
- If you aren't using the IDE, you can use command-line tools to develop applications. For example, you can use qcc to compile and link.
- BlackBerry Platform Services, Gestures API, Screen and Windowing API, Camera API, Multimedia, ANSI C, POSIX, Dinkum C++, etc.