The new features and enhancements in the IDE include:
- The New Project wizard combines BlackBerry projects so you can more easily create the project you want.
- The IDE provides an update mechanism to update either or both of the BlackBerry Native SDK or the IDE without reinstallation.
- The Memory Analysis tool supports a memory leak collection control which you can activate at any time. You can also change tracing settings dynamically.
- You can use the Device Log view when debugging applications to view log information when using the slogger2 API.
- You can create BlackBerry WebWorks native extension projects to enable your BlackBerry WebWorks apps to access native APIs.