BlackBerry Jam Zone Rewards Program “Program”
Official Rules (“Official Rules”)
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Program, you (“User”) must: (a) register and accept the Terms and Conditions (“BSC Rules”) on the BlackBerry® Support Community Forum (“BSCF”) available at http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Developer-Support-Forums/ct-p/blackberrydev; (b) register for BlackBerry® Jam Zone (“Jam Zone”) at http://developer.blackberry.com/bdsc/login.html; and (c) obtain a valid account and/or or have a valid BlackBerry® ID account (“BBID"). You are not eligible if you are an employee of Research In Motion Limited (RIM®) or its respective affiliates and subsidiaries, or a member of the immediate family (defined as parent, sibling, child and spouse) or household of any of the foregoing. You are not eligible if you reside in the following countries: Belarus, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria or Sudan.
How to Earn Rewards: Users that have completed (a), (b) and (c) in 1 above, can earn rewards badges (“Badges”) by completing the achievement associated with each Badge. Each Badge represents a certain number of reward points (“Rewards Points”). The Badges can be earned in any order as applicable. All Badges must be earned in accordance with these Official Rules and the BSC Rules.
Reward Points: Reward Points and the associated achievement for each Badge are as follows (for more details on Badges, please see “Rewards – Your badges” section of a User’s Jam Zone account):
- 10 points: 1st forum blog post to the BSCF (“Post”)
- 25 points: Create a Jam Zone profile or BBID account
- 25 points: Complete 100% of a Jam Zone profile or BBID account
- 50 points: 10th forum Post to BSCF
- 50 points: Getting 1st “Like” on a User’s Post on the BSCF by a BSCF member*
- 50 points: 1st submission of an article to the Knowledge Base on the BSCF (“Submission”)
- 250 points: 100th Post to BSCF.
- 250 points: 50th “like” on a User’s Post on the BSCF by a BSCF member*
- 500 points: 10th Submission on the BSCF
- 500 points: Port your existing BlackBerry app to BlackBerry 10
- 500 points: Attendance at BlackBerry Devcon Europe 2012**
- 500 points: Attendance at BlackBerry Jam Americas 2012**
- 500 points: Attendance at BlackBerry Jam Asia 2012**
- 500 points: Attendance at BlackBerry Jam Europe 2013**
- 500 points: Attendance at BlackBerry Jam Americas 2013**
- 500 points: Attendance at BlackBerry Jam Asia 2013**
- 500 points: Attendance at BlackBerry 10 Jam**
- 500 points: Attendance at BlackBerry 10 Jam World Tour**
- 500 points: Attendance at a 2012 BlackBerry Hackathon event**
- 1000 points: Declared winner of a 2012 JamHack event
- 1000 points: Achieve the "Built for BlackBerry" app designation
- 1250 points: 100th “like” on a User’s Post on the BSCF by a BSCF member*
- 1500 points: 1000th Post to BSCF
- 2500 points: 50th Submission on the BSCF
Every Post and Submission must be unique, original and drafted by the User in order to qualify. Any Post or Submission that is found to be a copy of or not substantially different than a previous Post or Submission, in RIM’s sole discretion, will be considered invalid (“Invalid Post”/ “Invalid Submission) and will not be considered to count towards any reward. If the User continues to display Invalid Posts or Submissions, they may be disqualified from earning a Badge and/or participating in the Program.
Each User warrants and represents the following with respect to their activity on the BSCF in relation to the Program: (a) User is the sole and exclusive owner of any Post or Submission on the BSCF; (b) the Post or Submission is the User’s own creation and is 100% original, and (c) the Post or Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties. RIM, its sole discretion, may disqualify a user from participating in the Program if it believes, in its sole discretion that the User’s Post or Submission does not comply with these Official Rules.
*BSCF members who “liked” the User’s Post must not have a Jam Zone or BBID account that is registered in the same name as the User. There is a limit of one (1) “Like” per BSCF member, per Post.
** User must sign-in at the event in order to be eligible for this Badge. Within one (1) week after the event, User will be provided with a “promo code” by RIM to the email account User provided to register and sign in to the event. User must enter the promo code into the “Rewards – Your badges” section of their Jam Zone account in order to redeem this Badge.
Rewards: Rewards Points are eligible to be redeemed for rewards (“Rewards”) which can be found on the “Rewards – Order rewards” section on a User’s Jam Zone account. For more information please log on to Jam Zone.
For details on conference and travel Rewards, please see below.
- 5000 points: one (1) BlackBerry World Full Conference Pass - Reward includes, one conference pass for the duration of the conference. User is responsible for all additional out of pocket expenses, including but not limited to, accommodations, meals and travel to and from the conference. The conference pass includes access to general and breakout sessions, BlackBerry party access, welcome reception, Ask the Experts access and WiFi in the conference center. Conference pass does not include any seminars, programs etc, not listed above. User will be responsible for any additional activities they wish to participate in at the conference. Approximate retail value is: $1599.00 USD
- 10,000 points: BlackBerry World Accommodations for one (1) - Reward includes single accommodation at a hotel of RIM’s choice for the duration of the conference only. User is responsible for all additional out of pocket expenses, including but not limited to, meals, travel and the cost of the conference pass. Approximate retail value is: $1000.00 USD
- 15,000 points: BlackBerry World Travel for one (1) - Reward includes return economy air travel from an airport closest to the User’s location to the conference and ground travel to and from the conference. User is responsible for all additional out of pocket expenses, including but not limited to, meals, accommodations and the cost of the conference pass. Airfare is subject to the following restrictions: maximum USD$1,000 if User is located in North America; maximum USD$1500 if User is located in Latin America; maximum USD$2000 if the User is located in Europe; maximum of USD$2,500 if User is located in the Asia Pacific region. Approximate retail value is: $2500.00 USD
- 25000 points: BlackBerry World Travel and Accommodations for one (1) - Reward includes air travel and ground travel to and from the event. Reward includes return economy air travel from an airport closest to the User’s location to the conference and ground travel to and from the conference. Reward also includes single accommodation at a hotel of RIM’s choice for the duration of the conference only. User is responsible for all additional out of pocket expenses, including but not limited to, meals and the cost of the conference pass. Airfare is subject to the following restrictions: maximum USD$1,000 if User is located in North America; maximum USD$1500 if User is located in Latin America; maximum USD$2000 if the User is located in Europe; maximum of USD$2,500 if User is located in the Asia Pacific region. Approximate retail value is: $3500.00 USD
Accomodations for the duration of the conference means checking in to the accommodations the night before the conference begins and checking out the day the conference ends. Airfare will only be provided where air travel to conference is available. Users are responsible for obtaining all required travel documentation and coverage including, but not limited to, passports, visas and insurance. RIM will not be responsible if User is unable to travel for any reason.
Travel reward includes round-trip coach airfare and ground travel for one (1) person from a major gateway airport nearest the User’s residence. Taxes, meals, gratuities, travel upgrades, or any other expenses not specifically listed herein are the responsibility of the Users.
Event, Travel and Accommodation Rewards: If User is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, a parent or legal guardian must attend and/travel with the minor in order for the minor to be eligible for the Reward. Minor and parent or legal guardian must attend the event at the same time and/or travel on the same itinerary and stay in the same hotel room. Parent or legal guardian will be responsible for any room upgrades. Minor must sign a travel and/or BlackBerry World attendance release prior to ticketing. RIM is not liable for delays, cancellation or unforeseen events related to the flights or accommodations. Users will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification relating to acceptance and use of the travel Rewards and for ensuring no impediment to entry into country of event. If in the judgment of RIM, air travel is not required due to Users proximity to the event, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at RIM’s sole discretion. In such a case, User will not be entitled to the difference between the approximate and actual cash value of the Reward. RIM will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets or conference passes.
General: By participating in the Program, each User agrees that his or her activity on the BSCF conforms to the BSC Guidelines (“Guidelines”) and that RIM, in its sole discretion, may remove any Post or Submission and disqualify a User from participating in the Program if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the User has failed to conform to the Guidelines and these Official Rules.
Reward Points have no cash value, are not assignable, saleable, transferable, replaceable or redeemable for cash, other than stated herein and subject to RIM’s approval.
RIM reserves the right to cancel and User’s participation in the Program and revoke and all unredeemed Rewards Points collected by any User for reasons that include, but are not limited to: 1) violation of the Guidelines or these Official Rules; 2) misrepresentation of any information, Post, Submission, or any misuse of this Program; 3) violation of any national, state or local law or regulation in connection with the use of Jam Rewards; (4) more than one active Jam Rewards account per User or (5) any action determined to be offensive to, or to the detriment of the Program, as it may be determined by RIM in its sole discretion.
Rewards shall require a minimum of three (3) weeks for delivery from time of order. Rewards are non-transferable and there will be no substitutions or cash redemptions for any Reward. In the case of unavailability of a Reward, RIM reserves the right to substitute a Reward of equal or greater value. All expenses not specifically listed herein are the responsibility of Users. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Users.
RIM makes no guarantees, warranties or representations of any kind, express or implied, with respect to Reward items, and shall not be liable for any loss, expense, accident or inconvenience that may arise in connection with the use of such items. User must accept each Reward “As Is”, RIM is not responsible for, and will not be exchanging any Rewards which may be defective. Accommodation Reward is valid for single occupancy at a hotel of RIM’s choice and entitles User to accommodation for the duration of the BlackBerry World conference only. User will be responsible for any separate charges or out of pocket expenses incurred.
Participation in the Program and/or acceptance of Rewards constitutes each User’s permission for RIM to use his/her name, address (city and state/province/territory), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, post, article submission, and/or any statements made by each User regarding the Program or RIM for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, Users agree to release and hold harmless RIM, its affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Program or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of a Reward or participation in any Program related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. RIM is not responsible if any Rewards cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
Released Parties are not liable for interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, wireless service or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with Jam Rewards, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Program, the allocation or processing of Badges or Reward Points. Released Parties are not liable for any problems associated with communications networks due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. Released Parties are not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized for Jam Rewards. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, RIM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
By participating in the Program, you agree, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws to release, indemnify and hold Released Parties harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in or in connection with the Program, including, without limitations: (i) awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of the Rewards herein; (ii) participation in any Jam Rewards related activities and travel of any kind, and (iii) any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action. The above limitation of liability shall not apply to death or bodily injury caused as a result of RIM’s negligence.RIM reserves the right to modify, terminate or suspend the Program in whole or in part, in its sole discretion. RIM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to request additional information to verify the accuracy and sufficiency of the claim documentation.
Program is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Program may not be combined with any other promotional offers or rewards.