Install the Ripple emulator
If you have already installed a previous version of the Ripple emulator and you have an Internet connection, you do not need to remove and reinstall the emulator. When you start it, it will upgrade automatically in the background. If it doesn't start automatically, you can go to the Extensions settings in the Google Chrome browser, and click Update extensions now.
- Download the Ripple emulator from the Downloads page.
- Start the Google Chrome browser.
- In the address bar of Google Chrome, paste chrome://extensions/ and then press Enter. The Google Chrome Extensions window opens.
- Open a file explorer window and navigate to the location where you downloaded the Ripple emulator file.
- Click the ripple_ui.crx file in the file explorer window (not in the downloads bar) and drag and drop it into the Google Chrome Extensions window. You may get an error message if you attempt to drag it from the downloads bar.
When you are prompted to add the extension, click Add. If no prompt appears, clear the browser's cache and try
dragging and dropping the ripple_ui.crx
file again. If it still doesn't appear, clear your cache and restart the
Note: The Add window is a Google Chrome dialog box. The Ripple emulator does not use these mechanisms to access, store, or transmit any of your information.
A Ripple button is added to your Google Chrome toolbar. You can now start using Ripple to test your BlackBerry WebWorks application.