Enabling the Ripple emulator
To start testing your application in the Ripple emulator, perform the following actions:
- Start the Google Chrome browser.
- In the browser's address bar, type the URL or path to the landing page of your application (typically index.html). For example, try out the kitchen sink sample application at the following URL: http://blackberry.github.com/WebWorks-Samples/kitchenSink.
- Click the Ripple button on the right side of the Google Chrome toolbar.
- Click Enable.
- If this is the first time you're starting the Ripple emulator, review the license agreement, and then choose to accept or decline the terms.
If this is the first time you're starting the Ripple emulator for a particular page, you must select the
platform that your application is intended for. The Ripple emulator remembers this selection and loads it
automatically the next time you reload the URL of your application.
- For BlackBerry 10 OS apps, click BlackBerry 10 WebWorks.
- For BlackBerry PlayBook OS apps, click WebWorks-TabletOS
- For BlackBerry OS apps, click WebWorks
- If you want to change the platform that you are testing with, under the Platforms panel, click the setting next to Platform, select a platform, and then click the Change Platform button.
Explore the other panels in the Ripple emulator to see the additional settings you can use to test your application.
Last modified: 2013-02-04