Installing the simulator
- Download the simulator setup application for your operating system.
- Run the setup application and follow the instructions in the installation screens.
When the installation is finished, start the simulator as follows:In Windows
- From the Start menu in Windows, select Program Files > BlackBerry 10 Simulator to start the simulator.
- Start VMware Player (from the Start menu in Windows).
- Click Open a Virtual Machine.
- Navigate to the folder where you installed the simulator and select the BlackBerry10Simulator.vmx file or the BlackBerryPlayBookSimulator.vmx file. Click Open.
- Click Play virtual
If you do not have a supported graphics card, you can click inside the simulator window before it starts and select BB10DevAlphaSafe as your screen type to continue without supported graphics.
- Open a Finder window and find the folder where you installed the simulator.
- Double-click the BlackBerry10Simulator-BB10_ n_nn file or the BlackBerryPlayBookSimulator-n.n.n file to start the simulator in VMware Fusion.