Installing the simulator
- Review the platform selections above and download the simulator setup application for your operating system.
- Run the setup application and follow the instructions in the installation screens.
Start the simulator by choosing one of the following based on your operating system:
- For Windows, from the start menu, select Program Files > BlackBerry 10 Simulator.
- For Linux, start the VMware Player and click Open a Virtual Machine. In the folder where you installed the simulator, select BlackBerry10Simulator.vmx or BlackBerryPlayBookSimulator.vmx, and click Open. Click Play virtual machine.
- For OSX, open the folder where you installed the simulator, and double-click BlackBerry10Simulator-BB10_n_nn, or BlackBerryPlayBookSimulator-n.n.n.
- From the Start menu in Windows, select Program Files > BlackBerry 10 Simulator to start the simulator.
If you do not have a supported graphics card, you can click inside the simulator window before it starts and select BB10DevAlphaSafe as your screen type to continue without supported graphics.