BlackBerry Enterprise Platform
- Access behind the firewall via Wifi, VPN or BlackBerry MDS.
- The networking will provide a routing table to determine which network interface to use.
- Two routing tables exist: one for the Personal Perimeter and one for the Enterprise Perimeter.
Enterprise Data Push
- Redesigned as a push notification system.
- Limited to 8 Kb payload.
- Will only receive push data from BlackBerry MDS behind the firewall.
- BlackBerry Push Service information
- On BB10 devices, Enterprise developers use the same APIs as consumer developers.
- Enterprise applications register to listen with either:
- The push port if they are using a legacy push initiator
- The PackageID+PackageName if they are using a new push initiator
- When creating a new PUSH initiator the developer should put the PackageID+PackageName in the X-Wap-Application-Id header of the PUSH request.
- When using a legacy PUSH initiator which uses "Ports" as the destination MDS will automatically map these to the the X-Wap-Application-Id.
BlackBerry Administration Service
- Will send the data to multiple devices for the user.
- IF the PUSH contains data in the X-Wap-Application-Id then MDS will validate the device has the target application installed.