BBM Platform APIs
Developers can use a variety of APIs to give their apps access to BBM contact lists, user profiles, while enabling users of their apps to chat and share files such as pictures, voice notes, videos and music. Available for BlackBerry 10 ( core Native, Cascades and WebWorks) and BlackBerry 6 or later ( Java and WebWorks).
BBM contact list, user profiles, and invitations
- Invite BBM contacts to download your app or initiate a social interaction within your app.
- Determine which BBM contact has downloaded your app.
- Access user profile info such as avatar, status, and location.
Application box in user profiles
- Add a customizable application box to a user's BBM profile to broadcast achievements or provide updates.
Content/chat from application to BBM
- Initiate embedded chats with BBM contacts from within your app.
- Share content with BBM contacts from within your apps.
Content/chat from application to application
- Create sub-communities within your application, even if the users are not pre-existing BBM contacts.
- Enable social interactions within your sub-communities.
Streaming data between applications
- Stream data between users of your applications for real-time activities such as communication, gaming, and location tracking.