Add a release for an app
- Log in to your BlackBerry World vendor portal account with an Admin role or a Product Submit/Modify role, and click Manage Products.
- Search for your app and then click the add icon in the Releases column.
- Complete the form for adding a release and then click Next.
Perform one of the following actions:
- If the app does not contain third-party content, click Next.
- If the app contains third-party content, select the My product contains third party content check box. In the fields that appear, type the required information and select the confirmation check box. Click Next.
of the following actions:
- If the app does not support user-generated content, click Next.
- If the app supports user-generated content, select the My product supports user generated content check box. In the text fields that appear, confirm whether the app meets the required standards. Click Next.
- In the Version Number field, type the version number of the release. Note: Make sure that the version number you enter here is exactly the same as the version number on the .bar manifest file of your release. For example, if your .bar file contains a version number 1.0.1, and you enter 1.1 in the Version Number field, you may receive errors or an upgrade notification.
- In the Release Notes field, type the release notes for the release (for example, the known issues that users should be aware of).
- If you are adding a release that is not the initial release for an app, in the Upgrade Price drop-down list, click the price that you want to charge users to upgrade to the latest release of the app.
of the following tasks:
- Click Batch Import Files and navigate to your .zip file to set the upload.
- Verify the information for each file bundle in the File Bundles table. If necessary, change the information using the drop-down list or edit icon in each column.
Use the Device Support column to associate a file bundle with specific device models. For example, if you have a .cod file for devices with a touch screen and a .cod file for devices with a physical keyboard, click the edit icon in the Device Support column to associate each file bundle with the appropriate device models.
Add each file bundle for a release manually
- Click Add filebundle.
- Add the required details for the file bundle, including the bundle name, platform, minimum OS, supported devices, and languages.
- In the Files column, click the edit icon and add your .cod or .bar files.
- Add additional file bundles, as necessary.
If you want to associate a file bundle with a specific wireless service
provider (for example, you want a version of the app to be exclusive to a
wireless service provider), perform the following actions:
- Select the Deliver specific binaries to specific carriers check box.
- In the Carrier Distribution column that appears, click the edit icon for a bundle.
- Add the required wireless service providers from the Available list to the Selected list, then click OK.
- Click Next, verify the details for your release, then click Save.
- If necessary, add digital goods for the app.
- Submit the app to RIM for approval.