Add a release for an app
When you add a release for an app, you upload the files that are required to install the app on BlackBerry devices. When you add a new app to the vendor portal for the BlackBerry World storefront, you must add a release containing the first version of the app. You can then submit the app to Research In Motion for approval. When you want to add new versions of the app to BlackBerry World, you follow the same process to add a new release, and you submit the new release to RIM for approval.
Add an app to BlackBerry World, and save it as a draft.
- Log in to your BlackBerry World vendor portal account using an Admin role or a Product Submit/Modify role, and click Manage Products.
- Search for your app and then click in the Releases column.
- Complete the form for adding a release and then click Next.
Perform one of the following actions:
- If the app does not contain third-party content, click Next.
- If the app contains third-party content, select the My product contains third party content check box. In the fields that appear, type the required information and select the confirmation check box. Click Next.
of the following actions:
- If the app does not support user-generated content, click Next.
- If the app supports user-generated content, select the My product supports user generated content check box. In the text fields that appear, confirm whether the app meets the required standards. Click Next.
In the Version Number field, type the version number of the release.
Note: Make sure that the version number you enter here is the same as the version number in the .bar manifest file of your release. For example, if your .bar file contains a version number 1.0.1, and you enter 1.1 in the Version Number field, you may receive an error or upgrade notification.
- In the Release Notes field, type any release notes you have prepared (for example, known issues that users should be aware of).
- If you are adding a release that is not the initial release for an app, in the Upgrade Price drop-down list, click the price that you want to charge users for upgrading to the latest release of the app.
of the following tasks:
- Upload a
.zip file that contains the file bundles for a release.
- Click Batch Import Files and navigate to your .zip file to select it for upload.
- Verify the information for each file bundle in the File Bundles table. If necessary, change the information using the drop-down list or in each column.
- Use the Device Support column to associate a file bundle with specific device models. For example, if you have a .cod file for devices with a touch screen and a .cod file for devices with a physical keyboard, click the in the Device Support column to associate each file bundle with the appropriate device models.
- Add each file bundle manually.
- Click Add filebundle.
- Add the required details for the file bundle, including the bundle name, platform, minimum OS, supported devices, and languages.
- In the Files column, click the and add your .cod or .bar files.
- Add additional file bundles, as necessary.
- Upload a .zip file that contains the file bundles for a release.
If you want to associate a file bundle with a specific wireless service
provider (for example, if you want a version of the app to be exclusive to a
wireless service provider), perform the following actions:
- Select the Deliver specific binaries to specific carriers check box.
- In the Carrier Distribution column, click the for a bundle.
- Add the required wireless service providers in the Available list to the Selected list, and then click OK.
- Click Next, verify the details for your release, and then click Save.
- If necessary, add digital goods for the app.