Creating a compelling and engaging user experience is important to app design. Making an app that is useful, easy to use, and visually appealing should be your goal from the design stage to final delivery.
User experience guidelines
When you design or port an app, it is very important to consider the UI guidelines to ensure you are creating the best experience possible for your users. Here are some things you should consider as you create your app.
- Cinematic experience: Consider how people will interact with your application and eliminate any gaps between action and response.
- Communication at its core: Give people the power to connect, collaborate, and do what's important to them.
- Content is king: Create an experience where content is maximized in your app.
- Fluid workflow: Make the experience smooth and effortless. Avoid any interruption in the flow.
- Efficient ergonomics: Design the experience with the user in mind. Create a UI that will help people be more efficient by placing common actions in easy-to-reach places.
- Visceral performance: Minimize the number of milliseconds it takes for the UI to respond to user interaction. Aim to hit 60 frames per second.
- Moments of charm: Sprinkle moments of delight and incorporate a sense of playfulness in your application where it makes sense. Brighten up someone's day!
For additional information on creating the BlackBerry 10 experience, see the UI Guidelines.
Last modified: 2013-03-21