Add a release for an app
When you add a release for an app, you upload the files that are required to install the app on BlackBerry devices. When you add a new app to the vendor portal for the BlackBerry World storefront, you must add a release containing the first version of the app. You can then submit the app to BlackBerry for approval. When you want to add new versions of the app to BlackBerry World, you follow the same process to add a new release, and you submit the new release to BlackBerry for approval.
Before you begin: Add an app to BlackBerry World, and save it as a draft.
- Log in to your BlackBerry World vendor portal account using an Admin role or a Product Submit/Modify role.
- Click the app you want to add a release for, or Search for your app.
- Click Releases, then click New Release.
- Drag-and-drop your release file bundle onto the browser window. See Parts of a release file for more information about what needs to be in the bundle.
For each of your release files, perform the following actions:
- Select the Locale (the specific language of your release), if applicable.
- Click 0 Devices to select the BlackBerry devices that your app works with.
- Select the Min OS (minimum BlackBerry 10, BlackBerry OS, or PlayBook operating system version level) that your app needs to run.
- Click and select Deliver to Specific Carriers if you need to limit the distribution of this release by wireless service provider.
- In the Release Version field, make sure that the version number shown here is the same as the version number in the .bar manifest file of your release. For example, if your .bar file contains a version number 1.0.1, and you enter 1.1 in the Release Version field, you might receive an error or upgrade notification..
- In the Description field, type any release notes you have prepared (for example, known issues that users should be aware of).
- In the Export Control section, answer questions related to your app's use of encryption, third-party content, and user-generated content. Visit About the export controls form, Understanding export regulations, About the Confirmation of Digital Rights form and Safeguards for user-generated content for more information. Note that this information cannot be changed after you submit your app.
- Verify the details for your release, and then click Save.