Certified Builder for Native
The BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development stream is designed to validate the skills and knowledge of those who are developing applications using the BlackBerry 10 Native Software Development Kit and Cascades UI framework.
Candidates who successfully complete the exam will receive the BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development designation.
How do you know if you're a potential candidate for this designation? Review the following information:
What should you be able to do on your own?
- Write code in C++
- Create UIs using QML
- Debug using the IDE
- Design an app according to BB10 UI guidelines
- Work with debug tokens
- Integrate with BlackBerry platform services
- Deploy apps from the IDE
- Deploy an app to App World
What might you need help to do?
- Integrate with third party APIs and frameworks
- Use OpenGL
Which environments should you be familiar with?
- Windows XP/Vista/7 or Mac OS X 10.6/10.7 or Ubuntu 11.04
Which tools should you be familiar with?
- BlackBerry 10 Native Software Development Kit
- QNX Momentics IDE
- BlackBerry 10 devices and simulator
- Command line tools
- Cascades Exporter
What are you not expected to know?
- WebWorks, BlackBerry 7 OS and earlier