The BlackBerry Builder program ("Program") recognizes developers with proven expertise in application development for the BlackBerry platform. The Program offers two certifications and one expert designation as outlined below. To be eligible for the expert designation, you must have already received BlackBerry Builder certification:
- BlackBerry Certified Builder for Web Application Development
- BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
- BlackBerry Enterprise Developer Expert
How do I get certified?
To become a BlackBerry Certified Builder, you must write at least one exam. Currently, two certification exams are available, each of which tests your knowledge of web or native application development based on our documentation and resources and also on your first-hand experience developing for the BlackBerry 10 platform.
In order to get the additional BlackBerry Enterprise Developer Expert designation, you must have already received your BlackBerry Builder certification, then you'll need to pass a second exam. See the table below for the different exams and designations.
Specific details about the certification process, and the exams, are covered in the Get Certified section.
The BlackBerry Certified Builder designation will signify to customers and peers that you have met BlackBerry's high standards for quality, skill, and knowledge. This certification will help you stand out from the pack.
By getting certified, you'll get:
- access to official BlackBerry Certified Builder logos that you can download and include in your resume, personal website, email signatures, etc.; and
- an invitation to join an exclusive group on oDesk, a dedicated marketplace where businesses can hire pre-screened BlackBerry Certified Builder. Joining this exclusive group will open up more BlackBerry development contract work opportunities for you.
Additional perks and benefits are being planned for BlackBerry Certified Builder, so stay tuned for details.
The registration fee to write an exam is $150. ("Fee")