Use the Objects panel to view, select, rename, order, and lock objects in the currently selected layer.
To access many of the operations that are available on the Objects menu, you can right-click anywhere on the Objects panel.
View the Objects panel
Select an object
- On the toolbox, click the Transformation tool.
- On the workspace, click the object you wish to select. The selected object is also highlighted in the Objects and Animation panels.
Use the Objects panel to select the object if it is difficult to access (for example, if it is behind or partially behind another object, or the workspace is very crowded).
Rename an object
- On the Objects panel, right-click the object’s entry.
- Click Rename.
- Type the new name. Tip: To rename an object quickly, double-click the object name.
Move an object forward or back on the workspace
- To bring it forward, drag the object up the list.
- To move it backward, drag the object down the list.
Lock the position of an object
Unlock the position of an object
- Select the layer that contains the objects you want to group together.
- Select the objects.
- Click Object > Group. The Objects panel displays the group of objects as a single entity.
- Select the group.
- Click Object > Ungroup.
- Choose one of the following options to determine how transformations or animations performed on the group of objects will be handled.
- Apply transformation of the group to the objects: Any transformations or animations performed on the group as a whole will be applied to the individual objects.
- Restore original state and position of objects: Any transformations or animations performed on the group as a whole are removed.
- Click OK. The Objects panel displays the individual objects.