Create a new Composer project
When you start the BlackBerry Composer or create a new project, you can select a canvas size that is based on a BlackBerry device. By default, the BlackBerry Composer creates a canvas that is the same dimensions as the screen on the BlackBerry device that you specified. You can choose to create a custom canvas size for your project.
- On the File menu, click New.
- In the Name field, type a name for your new BlackBerry Composer project.
- In the BlackBerry drop-down list, click a BlackBerry device to use as the template for your project. The BlackBerry Composer sets the height and width values for the canvas to match the screen size of the BlackBerry device.
- To specify custom dimensions of your canvas, type the dimensions in pixels in the Width and Height fields.
- Select Transparent, White, or Custom to specify the background color of the canvas. If you selected Custom, click the adjacent color swatch to select the color that you want to use for your background.
- Click Create.