Testing your application
The Payment Service supports live testing with the Payment Service server. To test an application, you must have access to the Payment Service server. You must also have the BlackBerry World storefront 3.1 or later installed on the BlackBerry device, the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator.
You can test the purchase of digital goods on the live Payment Service server without being charged money. Make sure that you have access to the Payment Service server, then install the BlackBerry World storefront on a BlackBerry device or a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. To test your applications live, perform the following actions:
- Add your application to the vendor portal for BlackBerry App World (the application can remain in the Draft state).
- Add digital goods and a release bundle to your application in the vendor portal.
- Register for a BlackBerry ID account at http://na.blackberry.com/id.
- Create a sandbox account by registering your BlackBerry ID in the vendor portal.
After you add your application and digital goods, you can download your application from BlackBerry World and start testing the purchase process on the live Payment Service server.
By registering the BlackBerry ID with the vendor portal, you can use the BlackBerry ID to perform test purchases of applications and the digital goods in those applications. When you log in using your BlackBerry ID, you initiate and simulate a purchase without incurring charges to your account. You can use your BlackBerry ID to purchase only the digital goods associated with your BlackBerry World vendor account.
You cannot test reconciliation of purchased digital goods because live testing does not generate a purchase history.
For more information about submitting applications and creating sandbox accounts, see the BlackBerry World vendor documentation at http://www.blackberry.com/go/appworld/vendordocs.
Create a sandbox account
- On the vendor portal for the BlackBerry App World storefront, click Sandbox.
- Click Add New User.
- In the Email field, type the email address associated with a BlackBerry ID.
- In the Description field, type a description for the sandbox account.
- Click Create.
Download an application before you make it available for distribution
- Add your application, a release bundle, and digital goods in the vendor portal for the BlackBerry App World (the application status can remain as Draft).
- Create a sandbox account in the vendor portal using a BlackBerry ID.
If you purchase another vendor's application or digital goods using your BlackBerry ID account that is configured for testing, the transaction is real, not simulated, and your account is charged. You can simulate only the purchases of your own applications and digital goods.
On the Home screen of the device, click the BlackBerry World icon.
Press and hold the
alt key while pressing
Provide the Content ID or SKU for your application.
ID login information.
- On the Details screen for your application, click Purchase.
- Complete the instructions on the screen to download the application.