Changing BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator display options
Magnify the BlackBerry device image
- On the View menu, click Zoom.
- Click a percentage.
- On the View menu, click Smooth Magnified LCD.
Hide the faceplate
On the View menu, click LCD Only.
Turn full-screen mode on and off
If the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator is in full-screen mode, bring the pointer to the top of the computer screen. The menu bar appears when the pointer is near the top of the screen.
On the View menu, click Full Screen.
Specify graphics acceleration
Verify that you have the following components installed on your computer:
- Video card that supports OpenGL 2.1 or later, and has 64 MB or more
- BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator 2.13 or later
By default, graphics acceleration is turned on in the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator. You can choose from four levels of acceleration or turn graphics acceleration off.
- In the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator, on the View menu, click Graphics Acceleration.
- Click the level of acceleration that you want.
Taking screen shots
You can save an image of a simulated BlackBerry device. You can save either the screen or the entire device. In the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator, the image of the entire BlackBerry device is called the faceplate.
By default, the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator saves an image of the BlackBerry device as a .jpg file, and an image of the BlackBerry device screen as a .png file. You can override the default.