Best practices for BlackBerry app development
Research In Motion has created principles of mobile application design that can help you create an exceptional user experience. These principles allow your app to be:
- Efficient: Minimize battery drain, bandwidth and data usage; have high performance; and be scalable.
- Always on: When applicable, start on power up and run in the background.
- Highly contextualized: Use information from the device about location, time, battery level, connectivity, and more.
- Integrated: Work seamlessly with other apps on the device, especially built-in apps like Contacts, Maps, and Phone.
- Social and connected: Incorporate social networking.
- Proactive: Use BlackBerry Push technology to push content and notifications to the app.